Sunday, November 29, 2009

In the Library


After my people and pets, books are my greatest treasures. I am fortunate enough to have amassed hundreds of them, and have spent many hours lured in by their irresistible richness. A peek into my home library will attest to that! With books, the whole world is laid at my feet in all its beauty and complexity. I can be anyone…go anywhere…experience lives entirely different from my own, and grow a little from the experience of trying on other peoples’ realities, however briefly.

Additionally, I have found a wonderful serendipity at work in the world of words. Sometimes the right book manages to find us at exactly the time we are in need of it. Such was the case last week when I happened upon Tara Frey’s, “Blogging for Bliss”. I’d been curious about blogs, but knew little about them. That all changed after reading this book. Its straightforward and concise information, coupled with yummy pictures and pages of inspiring bloggers and sites, was just the catalyst needed to lure me into the vibrant world of blogging. A site of my own was suddenly within reach.

So here I am in cyberspace, with my own virtual journal. I’m very excited, and a little nervous… but charged with creative energy and eager to see where this new adventure leads me. And all it took to get me to this wonderland was a book. No wonder I love them so much…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you have found this creative outlet...we are all the richer for it!..I am looking forward to more posting...keep creating.